2023 Pony Plunge

 New Year's Day on Chincoteague is the day for the annual Pony Plunge into the Atlantic Ocean from Assateague. The crowds started to gather in their best costumes and got themselves registered for the plunge. As the time got closer the crowds grew and the excitement could be felt in the air. It was my first Pony Plunge and even though I wasn't plunging myself, where I placed myself to video the plungers running for the ocean, got me plunged. I got went up to about mid shin. The first wave was cold, but after that it wasn't that bad. The outside temperatures were in the 60s, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful blue sky day. 

The time for the plunge was 1:23pm, signifying January 23. As the countdown started the crowds were in position to take off and watching everyone's reaction as they hit that water was so cool. Some people just went in and others dove into that cold water. All coming out with huge smiles on their faces. 

I am sharing the video that I shared on YouTube. If you haven't already, please hit subscribe for all the latest information and events for Chincoteague. 

https://youtu.be/vnPrjo5m4yU




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can't believe I am doing this

Whiteraven's Nest and Whiteraven's Outpost

Pico Taqueria