I can't believe I am doing this

 Hi everyone,

I have never created a blog before, but I have felt called to do this one. I started coming to Chincoteague in 1982 when my parents bought a place at Trails End. I hate to admit this, but the 17 year old me did not instantly fall in love with Chincoteague. I was eaten alive by the mosquitoes and attacked by the green headed flies. One thing that I always did love about Chincoteague was the dining. Oh I remember the Landmark Restaurant and Skippers All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet (I think they hated to see my family coming in the door). Island Creamery when it was Mr. Chocolates and their amazing ice cream and homemade waffle cones, oh and don't forget their fudge. Oh I remember all of the flavors. My dad loved to grab an oyster sandwich at the carnival or a bowl of New England clam chowder from Etta's (when it was where Mr. Baldy's is now). Oh those were the best days.

I moved to Chincoteague in October 2019 and then the pandemic struck. I couldn't think of a better place to be locked down though. In May 2020 when things started opening back up I started working at the Waterside Inn and by working there and the post Covid needs no one knew when restaurants were open or closed so I created the Chincoteague Restaurant list to help visitors and locals know where to dine and when. The list has evolved from a no sense making list to the Google Sheets document that I can change in an instant. It is shared on over 20 Facebook pages, emailed to the hotels and Chamber of Commerce. I take this list very seriously and it has become my baby.

The purpose of this blog will be to go more in depth with dining here in Chincoteague. I will go restaurant by restaurant and give you more specific information on each restaurant or food truck and I will tell you some of my favorite things to eat there. I have said for a few years now that I will put any of our food trucks or restaurants up against any major city and I know we will win hands down.

I hope you enjoy this blog and dining here in Chincoteague, one of my favorite places to enjoy food. I am not a food critic and I will never post anything bad about any establishment, that is not the purpose of this blog. It is to highlight each restaurant and food truck and help you pick places to dine that will have food that you will love.

Let's come explore dining in Chincoteague together.

Deanna Bredbenner



Comments

  1. Great start! Can't wait to read more. Blogs can be alot of work so don't hesitate to ask for help. Maybe some guest posts? I might be able to convince one of my teens to write a post about their favorites from a teenagers perspective. They started coming to the island when they were 12 months old - now they are turning 17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Looking forward to reading your posts. As the admin of a local page-your weekly lists of what’s open has been so helpful for the campground visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great, it will be great resource for when I come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it will be a wonderful blog! Thanks for doing this!! Will be a fun adventure to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Great idea! Looking forward to your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much for doing this! Look forward to reading and learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to learning more about each place. Great job on this list evolving to a blog journey! You are a natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read all about the wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!! So happy for you. The blog was good and can't wait to see more!! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whiteraven's Nest and Whiteraven's Outpost

Pico Taqueria