Manna Café CI

Welcome back to another blog about All Things Food on Chincoteague Island, VA. I am trying to get this out twice a week, but somehow this week was gone before I even realized it. I hope everyone is enjoying this blog so far and I am always open for comments or suggestions on where you would like to know about next. I am having a blast going around and eating everywhere and getting to know the owners, managers and staff more at each place. 

This spotlight is on The Manna Café CI. The Manna Café is a non profit that was created by Bill & Fran Lytle. Bill & Fran saw a need here on Chincoteague and stepped up to fill that need and they have done an amazing job. Bill, Fran and their amazing team of volunteers serve a free hot lunch (donations accepted) every Monday at Christ United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Along with the dine in, they also deliver about 90 shut ins a hot lunch. The food is prepared that morning and a team will take the meals to the shut ins. In the hall they are serving between 125 to 175 people a week. Lunch is served from 11am to 1pm.

Fran plans the menus and Bill and his team of cooks prepare the food for all of us to enjoy. Bill's most famous dish is his teriyaki chicken and sesame noodles. My personal favorite is their beef-a-roni, man that is some good stuff. All meals are served with a garden salad, dessert and drinks. Again the meal is free, but donations are greatly appreciated.  

This is definitely a social event for a lot of the locals. We gather with our friends and enjoy a meal together and catch up with one another. I call it Manna Monday and you will see me there just about every Monday. As I have gotten to know the volunteers, they have definitely become part of my weekly life and I enjoy gathering with everyone. This is open to everyone and all are welcome. 

Along with the weekly lunches they have a food program along with the Food Bank of the Eastern Shore they distribute boxes of food to anyone in need of food. This is scheduled for the second Tuesday of every month.

The Manna Café CI

6253 Church Street

Chincoteague, VA 

https://www.facebook.com/MannaCafeCI or http://www.MannaCafeCI.org/

There are no vegan, vegetarian, gluten free or low carb meals served. They prepare one dish for everyone. 

If you are a shut in that is wanting to be added to their delivery please contact Fran or Bill at  (908) 812-4857.

There is no takeout available, everyone eats in the hall.

There is no kids menu

The church does have handicap parking and a handicap entrance.

They are open every Monday from 11am to 1pm 

No outdoor seating

What are they most famous for? Mr. Bill's Teriyaki Chicken & Sesame Noodles

What is my favorite dish? Beef-a-roni

I hope you will consider stopping at the Manna Café one Monday very soon. I know you will feel loved and welcome the minute you walk in the door. It is a true family atmosphere filled with love and friendship.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can't believe I am doing this

Whiteraven's Nest and Whiteraven's Outpost

Pico Taqueria