Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival

Happy Monday to everyone and I do believe I see some sunshine out there today, which is something that we certainly didn't have for the Seafood Festival, but what a great festival. The Long Time No Sea Seafood Festival was held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 at Tom's Cove Campground and I am so glad that I got to attend. I have always worked weekends, and still do, so I have never been able to attend this event in the past. Of course the past two years it has been cancelled because of the pandemic, so it was great to see everyone out and about attending this event. This event is held rain or shine and looking last week at the weather, I was very nervous. I know there were lots of prayers for the rains and the winds to hold off, and thankfully they did. I wasn't able to stay for the entire event, but I heard that as the last song was finished by the band, the winds started blowing and the rain started coming down.

Being a brand new attendee there were things that I was absolutely clueless about and I thought I would share them here, so if you attend next year or the Oyster Festival in the fall you will be prepared. Bring chairs, a canopy to cover yourself from the weather, trays to carry your food from vendor to vendor, this one isn't a requirement, but some sort of table to eat of or hold your drinks would be a plus. Wear comfortable clothing & shoes, you will be walking on uneven surfaces and you want to enjoy yourself without sore feet. Bring bug spray, we got lucky this year because it has been so cold here, but I heard the no see-ums and mosquitoes can be a real pain. There are picnic table available, but they are on a first come, first serve basis. Be prepared to wait in lines, there were over 2700 people at this event, so there was a lot of time spent in lines, my friend and I did the divide and conquer method. We looked at the map and figured where we would start and she went in one line and I went in the other and since you were allowed two of each item, we grabbed two and when we met back at the table we had everything we needed. Water and sodas were included in the cost of the tickets and they had beer for sale. I did see people set up with their own mini bars of other alcoholic beverages, so I am sure that you can BYOB. And lastly bring your smile, a great attitude and be prepared to have fun.

Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival

Held the first Saturday in May yearly

Location is Tom's Cove Campground, Ridge Rd

https://www.chincoteaguechamber.com/  

Do they offer vegetarian/vegan meals? There was a tent set up for a salad bar and they had boardwalk fries and sweet potato fries.

Do they have gluten free meals? They had steamed shrimp & clams and a raw oyster & clam bar, along with boardwalk fries, sweet potato fries, salad bar. They also had grilled chicken, but I am not sure what that was marinated in and if it had gluten in it.

Do they use peanut oil? No they use soybean oil. 

Do they accept reservations? You must have a ticket to enter the event and buy them early because this event sells out quick.

Do they offer handicap parking? Yes and they had a golf cart to take you to and from your car to the entrance. This event is outside in the dirt so pushing a walker or wheelchair could be a challenge.

What are they famous for serving? Seafood of course, all the best that the Eastern Shore has to offer.

What was my favorite dish? I absolutely loved the fried drum and Captain Zack's sweet potato fries were so good.

I just want to personally thank the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce for holding this event and all of the sponsors that helped make this event a success. It was a great event and I can't wait for the Oyster Festival in October and next year's Seafood Festival.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can't believe I am doing this

Whiteraven's Nest and Whiteraven's Outpost

Pico Taqueria